Ingredients for making crab stick cutlets
For crab mass:
- Crab sticks of any brand 300 grams
- Breadcrumbs 3 tablespoons
- Hard cheese 150 grams
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Fresh cilantro 3 branches
- Sweet red onion 1 piece
- Garlic 2-3 prongs
- Mayonnaise 1 tablespoon
- Mustard 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground red pepper pinch
- Breadcrumbs 100 grams or as needed
- Olive oil for frying 5-6 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Garlic, Eggs, Crab Sticks
- Serving 11 servings
- World Cuisine
Knife, Cutting board, Blender, Deep bowl, Garlic ginger, Tablespoon, Deep bowl, Stove, Lid frying pan, Kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking cutlets from crab sticks:
Step 1: prepare the minced meat.Peel the onion and garlic with a knife and rinse with cilantro under a stream of warm running water. Put the onion on a cutting board, cut into a small cube with an approximate diameter of up to 5 millimeters, chop the cilantro finely and lay the products in a deep bowl. Squeeze the garlic cloves through the garlic press, add mayonnaise, mustard and a pinch of red pepper. Beat the eggshell into the total mass without shell and mix the ingredients with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency. You should get a semi-liquid onion mass with spices and herbs. Open the package with the crab sticks, helping yourself with a knife, then remove the plastic wrap from each stick, put them in a blender bowl and chop them into medium sized pieces up to 1 centimeter. The chopping time depends on the speed on the blender display. Then transfer the chopped crab sticks into a deep bowl and add the right amount of breadcrumbs to them. Then take hard cheese of any kind, cut off the paraffin crust from it and rub the dairy product in a bowl with crab sticks through a coarse grater. Put the onion mass there, add salt and black pepper to taste and mix the ingredients with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency. Stuffed crab sticks ready.
Step 2: form the patties.
Step 3: fry the patties.
Step 4: serve the crab stick cutlets.
- - This type of meatballs can be called creative so that you can safely chop the sticks as you like and as you like, for example, cut them into small pieces with a knife, grind through a meat grinder or grate.
- - If you decide to grind the crab sticks in a blender, it will be easier for you to do this if they are slightly frozen.
- - In this type of cutlets you can put any greens you like, it can be dill, parsley, celery.
- - The spices indicated in this recipe are not essential, you can put any other spices that are suitable for seafood dishes in minced meat.
- - Instead of sweet onions, you can use regular onions, white onions, green onions or leeks.
- - For frying this type of cutlets, you can use any kind of vegetable fat. For example, corn oil, butter, or vegetable oil.
- - Mayonnaise can be replaced with sour cream or cream of the highest quality.
- - To cut the cutlets, you can use not only breadcrumbs, but also sifted wheat flour, or mix these 2 ingredients in equal amounts.
- - If you don’t have any flour or crackers, grind any kind of bread into small crumbs on a blender, dry it in the oven, heated to 150 - 160 degrees, let it cool, then grind the crumbs with your hands and use as a substitute, instead of crackers.
- - Instead of crab sticks, it is better to use crab meat.