Ingredients for Baked Eggplant Caviar
- Eggplant 1 kg
- Onion 500 grams
- Garlic 6-7 prongs
- Tomato paste 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil 150 grams
- Distilled pure water 100 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 12 Servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Oven, Paper kitchen towels, Nonstick pan, Aluminum foil, Fork, Knife, Cutting board, Deep bowl, Plate - 2 pieces, Stove, Wooden kitchen spatula, Frying pan, Table spoon, Salad bowl or deep bowl
Cooking caviar from baked eggplant:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.First, preheat the oven up to 200 - 230 degrees. Then thoroughly rinse the eggplants under running water from various kinds of contaminants and cut the stalk with a knife. After wiping them with paper kitchen towels from excess moisture, heat them with a fork so that the eggplants are steamed well inside. Place them on a non-stick pan pre-coated with aluminum foil. Bake vegetables within 25 to 30 minutes until ready, which can be checked with a fork. Open the oven periodically and turn the eggplant over with a fork from side to side for even baking. Ready well-baked eggplant shriveled and fork teeth freely pass through its skin and easily enter the pulp. If the eggplants are fully prepared, remove them from the oven and let cool directly in the baking sheet. Then cover the table with plastic wrap, put the cooled eggplant on it and carefully, peeling off the skin with your hands and a knife. Place the eggplant on a cutting board and cut into small cubes up to 2 centimeters in diameter. Transfer the slices into a deep bowl. While eggplant is baking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Peel the onion and garlic, rinse under running water and, laying on a cutting board, chop one by one. Onion cubes 1 to 1 centimeter, garlic just finely chop. Put the last two ingredients on separate plates.
Step 2: prepare caviar from baked eggplant.
Step 3: serve caviar from baked eggplant.Baked eggplant caviar is served cold, laid in a salad bowl or deep bowl. On top of it, you can sprinkle with chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro or green onions. This type of caviar is great as a snack for aperitifs, such as vodka, cognac or moonshine. Caviar goes well with any meat dishes or boiled pasta and cereals. It can be savored with chicken stock, laid on top of bread croutons. Baked eggplant caviar is indispensable in the summer. Enjoy your meal!
- - This type of caviar can be preserved, increase or decrease the amount of ingredients, add 9% vinegar to taste, stew vegetables for 40 - 45 minutes and put in sterilized jars. Sterilize the jars filled with boiling water for half a liter 15 minutes, liter 25 minutes and close with a preservation key. Turn them upside down, place them on the floor and cover them with a woolen blanket. Cool the cans for 2 to 3 days, then rearrange them in a pantry, basement or cellar for further storage.
- - In this type of caviar, you can add any spices you like for vegetable dishes. It can be coriander, cloves, paprika, mint, cilantro and many other spices.
- - Instead of tomato paste, you can add tomato juice or ground tomatoes to the caviar. 300 grams of tomato juice or 500 grams of fleshy thick-skinned tomatoes are written above the written ingredients.
- - If you want to make caviar spicy, you can add 1 hot pepper for a given amount of ingredients, not more than 2 centimeters in length. Chop hot peppers and stew with all vegetables.
- - Very often carrots are added to this type of caviar, which is fried along with onions and then stewed together with all the ingredients.